331, 14th Street | Downtown Denver, Colorado 80202 | Tel: +1 720 932 8900

the easiest way to get information about our programs, schedule, tuition, visa process is to contact us

Study with a B-2 Visa Minimize

    The Tourist Visa (B-2) allows you to travel to the United States for pleasure.  As a tourist in the U.S., you are permitted to use some of your free time to study English if it does not interfere with your primary activities.  You should not apply for the B-2 if you plan to become a full-time student in an American college or English language school.   This is a serious immigration violation. 

    To apply for the B-2 Visa you must:

    • Make sure the expiration date on your passport is valid for more than 6 months into the future.
    • Contact the American Embassy and request an appointment for the B-2.
    • Prepare for a possible interview with an embassy official about your visa request.
    • Show the embassy official proof that you can support yourself financially in the U.S for the duration of your stay. 

    If your B-2 application is approved, you will be permitted to travel to the United States on a tourist visa.  When you arrive at the airport, an immigration officer will interview you again and ask you what you plan to do in the U.S.  If you are visiting friends or going sightseeing, make sure that you explain this clearly to the officer.  This information will help him/her decide how much time you need to complete your activities in the U.S.  In general if the immigration officer is satisfied with your answers, he/she may approve your entry to the U.S. for 3 to 6 months.

    During your visit in the U.S., you may decide that you want to become a full-time student at CSE.  In order to change your B-2 to an F-1 (student status), you must request permission from the Immigration Department.  If you would like more information about changing visa status, we recommend that you speak with a CSE international student advisor. 

    the best way to learn english is to live it!

    call us now and start any monday: +1 720 932 8900